Friday 14 May 2010

from my 2010 book 'A Conservation Piece'

....














For part of my final degree work I made a site specific project of an artist's response to the huge conservation site at Tyntesfield.


Using watercolour I made paintings of a journey through the house in January with a camera, when all was dark and heavily scaffolded inside and out. Behind the pages I superimposed images of the house in its former glory, sourced from publications on its history. It is a book of 'views through' that also stands up.


As a volunteer who has not seen the house with rooms furnished, I wanted to record some of the furniture and objects as they looked in temporary storage during work on stabilising the house.


For my 'new to the house' view I took photographs of a route that visitors will take and painted from these. A printed version of the hand made book is available to purchase. It will be on view to the public in the upstairs seating area at Tyntesfield from early summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment